We’re developing a tool to make finding trials easier. In the meantime, either try one of the options below, or give us a call to talk to us about how we might help.
- Ask your clinician if they are aware of any trials that might be an option for you, or might know specialist who could know. Don’t be surprised if they don’t know about clinical trials, or aren’t supportive. Clinicians can’t know everything, and you may need to go looking for yourself and bring information back to discuss with them.
- Search a trial register, and reach out to the contacts listed for more information. For example:
- Contact trial networks or patient/consumer groups to see what trials they might be aware of.
- Visit Australianclinicaltrials.gov.au and search for or set up alerts for specific clinical trials.
- Join an online patient community and ask members if they know of any clinical trials. Soon we will have our own community that may be able to help.
- Keep your ears and eyes on the lookout for advertised clinical trials. You might find them on posters in clinics, brochures at pharmacies and laboratories, newspapers, community-based newsletters, social media, radio and very occasionally television news stories or advertising.
- If all else fails, google!